metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate

  • From: "Kathy E. Wright" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:46:28 -0400

We are trying to update our InCommon SPs to use the new metadata aggregate.

According to the example found in the documentation located here:

.. this configuration in our /etc/shibboleth/shibboleth2.xml file appears to suffice for the new aggregate:

<MetadataProvider type="Chaining">
  <MetadataProvider type="XML" path="partners.xml"/>
  <MetadataProvider type="XML" url=""https://federation.org/metadata.xml" backingFilePath="fedmetadata.xml"/>
</MetadataProvider>

However, will this config work satisfactorily without reference to the cert?
<MetadataFilter type="Signature" certificate="incommon/inc-md-cert.pem"/>

When we've included this reference, our shibd_warn.log has the following error.

WARN OpenSAML.MetadataFilter.Signature : filtering out group at root of instance after failed signature check: Unable to verify signature with supplied key(s).

Thank you,
Kathy Wright
Clemson University