metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] metadata migration process [ACTION REQUIRED]

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] metadata migration process [ACTION REQUIRED]

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] metadata migration process [ACTION REQUIRED]
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:04:10 -0400

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Niyoti Patil

> Ok, so now as we are migrating to new production, I need to change only URL
> to below, right?
> http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml

Yes.

> Do we need to get new certificate?

As I mentioned in the blog article, simply point your Shibboleth
config at the above URL and confirm that it works. Once you've
confirmed that it does, you can install the certificate.

> If yes, where to get that?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/moHFAg

The trick on Windows is to locate curl and openssl. As I understand
it, both of them ship with the Shibboleth SP software, so you need to
locate them and then perform the steps listed on the above wiki page.

Tom

PS. If someone has already done this on Windows, it would be great if
you could document the steps here.