interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 01:10:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 2/28/14, 6:29 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>Yes, of course I agree with that, so let me suggest that we blindly
>insert all eduGAIN IdPs (sorry, I'm still focused on IdPs) into both
>the preview and production aggregates, tag them with "unvetted" (or
>some such thing) and then figure out ways to add value to those IdPs.

Or do something based on the registration info extension? I haven't a
specific proposal in mind, because I don't know all the use cases people
might come up with, but that's certainly in the general vicinity of my
expectations, yes.

IIRC, Rod did a Shibboleth IdP extension that lets you set policy based
directly on the registration extension, but we don't have that for SPs.
When Chad did that extension, he kind of was working off on his own, and I
had been expecting that anything that was needed for policy would probably
be done with tags, so that spec is an outlier I guess.

>One thing we could do, I suppose, is let site admins (or maybe even
>end users) vote an IdP up or down as desired. A kind of
>reputation-based LoA ranking, if you will.

That actually seems interesting for SPs at least as much if not more.

-- Scott