interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 03:53:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 2/26/14, 4:30 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>- The use of the preview aggregate as described was not as originally
>intended but in fact UKf already does something similar. In any case,
>I didn't hear any violent objection to using the preview aggregate in
>this way so let's keep this on the table for the time being.

I think this is somewhat connected to the validation question, since
obviously there's no point in staging entities if there's no manual
vetting.

>- Everyone agreed that manual vetting of metadata was expensive and
>didn't scale.
>
>The latter is certainly true, but it's also true that InCommon has
>always had a significant manual vetting process so I'm not sure what
>to take away from this. Are folks suggesting we treat InCommon
>metadata differently than other metadata?

I think so, yes. That's going to be a given with interfed, it means
connecting to foreign regimes. We need a way to identify the differences,
but I don't think it's realistic to expect that we can treat everything
the same.

-- Scott