interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Interfederation TAC Subgroup <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] aggregating eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:29:06 -0500

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Cantor, Scott
> On 2/28/14, 5:04 PM, "Tom Scavo"
> <>
> wrote:
>>
> Whatever concerns we have with entities, I want to tag them to address
> them.

Yes, of course I agree with that, so let me suggest that we blindly
insert all eduGAIN IdPs (sorry, I'm still focused on IdPs) into both
the preview and production aggregates, tag them with "unvetted" (or
some such thing) and then figure out ways to add value to those IdPs.
One thing we could do, I suppose, is let site admins (or maybe even
end users) vote an IdP up or down as desired. A kind of
reputation-based LoA ranking, if you will.