assurance - RE: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

  • From: "Lovaas,Steven" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 18:09:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

And if a concrete higher-ed example would help, think about common names and
shared housing. Interestingly, we have zero John Smiths... but we do have 11
Codys and 11 Kyles. If addresses of record are allowed to be in the residence
halls (or, say, in an off-campus frat house), it's very imaginable that two
of these could have the same address. If all we have is the information on
this list, date of birth may be all we have left to distinguish them (without
storing actual SSN/driver's license number, rather than merely the type and
issuer of the proofing documents).

Steve