assurance - [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

Subject: Assurance

[Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:52:36 -0500

Hello,

4.2.2.3 of the IAP version 1.1 "REGISTRATION RECORDS" includes

"The record of the facts of registration shall include:
- Identity proofing document types and issuers;
- Full name as shown on the documents;
- Date of birth;
- Current Address of Record"

What is the rationale for including date of birth?

I ask because, as a science virtual organization (LIGO) and
not a campus, we have no pre-existing relationship with our
users that includes the need for a date of birth.

Thanks,

Scott