assurance - Re: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Silver registration records and DOB
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:08:38 -0500

Hi,

> I can tell you from a record duplication prevention point of
> view that date of birth is the most statistically
> significant of the data elements listed below to correctly
> match a record to the right person.

Ah. I see.

We have such a small community (about 1000) that matching
records to the right person via a DOB is not something we
would think of straight off.

Since we do not collect DOB and have no reason to collect DOB
recording it at the time of identity proofing does not make
sense for us.

> don't often respond the
> this list, but this is one thing I do know! :)

Thanks for sharing! Since I do not have a background in campus
IT sharing these types of insights are most helpful.

Cheers,

Scott