assurance - RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference

  • From: "Roy, Nicholas S" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 19:36:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Absolutely. :-) But something like "you should do something safe with your
SAML signing keys" might be good to have included by reference somewhere.
There's also still the prescriptive "you must use a salt when hashing your
passwords" piece, which I won't argue against, it's a good idea (LinkedIn...)
but again is not possible with some systems and is not the only good way to
protect your hashes.

Nick