assurance - RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference

  • From: "Dunker, Mary" <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Information Security Guide to InCommon IAP Cross Reference
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:09:29 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi, Tom,

I don't see anything that would apply to protecting private keys held by the
IdP. Are you specifically thinking about the keys associated with exchanging
information with the IdP, or do you mean something like key escrow for
private keys associated with personal certificates? I can look for some
effective practices, and potentially add something to
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Encryption+101 .

Mary

Mary Dunker
Director, Secure Enterprise Technology Initiatives
Virginia Tech Information Technology
1700 Pratt Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
540-231-9327