us-federations - Agenda for Jan 21st Federated IdM Call

Subject: US Federations Discussion

Agenda for Jan 21st Federated IdM Call

  • From: "Laskaris, George" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Agenda for Jan 21st Federated IdM Call
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:27:07 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Our next conference call is this Wednesday, January 21, from 4:00pm-5:30pm
(EST).
The call in number is 1-877-944-2300, access code 99205#.

For this months call we have asked representatives of the U of Texas
Federation and the U of California Federation to present for about 15-20
minutes on their experiences with building successful federations so we can
compare and contrast the two on the call. Both have been in production for
some time and have taken somewhat different approaches and we thought it
would be helpful to learn what factors led to these decisions and see if they
have recommendations for others just starting the process.

In the future we intend to highlight various federations and ask them for a
brief overview with an opportunity for questions and suggestions from others.

We have provided the following questions to use as a guide. We're looking
for a short overview of how the system went about building the federation and
then any advice they would offer to others.

1. What motivated your system to build a federation? What goals did you have?

2. Who were the identified stakeholders? Who was (were) the sponsor(s)?

3. How did you build the federation? Brief overview of process.

4. What challenges did you encounter and how did you address them?

5. What recommendations would you make to others just starting this process?

6. What were the first applications used?

Minutes from our last call are attached to this email

Regards,
Rich Greenfield, University of Alaska (co-chair)
George Laskaris, NJEDge.Net (co-chair)
Garret Sern, EDUCAUSE
Ann West, Internet2

Future Conference Calls
February 18, 4:00-5:30pm (EST)
March 18, 4:00-5:30pm (EST)
April 15, 4:00-5:30pm (EST)
May 20, 4:00-5:30pm (EST)

  • Agenda for Jan 21st Federated IdM Call, Laskaris, George, 01/19/2009