per-entity - Re: Fwd: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: Fwd: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Patrick Radtke <>
  • Cc: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group <>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 06:19:03 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:TregBBfIqTj0P5B30a1MAk21lGMj4u6mDksu8pMizoh2WeGdxc66Yh7h7PlgxGXEQZ/co6odzbGJ4+a9AidZvN6oizMrTt9lb1c9k8IYnggtUoauKHbQC7rUVRE8B9lIT1R//nu2YgB/Ecf6YEDO8DXptWZBUj22Dwd+J/z0F4jOlIz3krnqo9yAKzlP0QK0falzJxb+lwzdqsobyd96I7oryxDKinBJYf5L3mJkKFSPngrtoMy3+cgw3T5Xvqca/MlcTe3ZeL4xS7BRRGA9MGcv7cvnvDHMSAKO4j0XVWBAwUkAOBTM8ByvBsS5iSD9rOconXDCZcA=

> I realized I didn't reply to the list when I wrote this.
> I setup Cloudfront as a caching CDN for the beta mdq server. Details
> in the forwarded message below, along with my latency figures.

Thanks Patrick. This is quite interesting.

After filling the cache I see 13ms from the LIGO data center
on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

I see 9 ms from the LIGO data center on the campus of Caltech.

I see 54 ms from the LIGO data center at the Albert Einstein
Institute on the campus of the University of Hannover,
Germany.

From home I see 17ms.

(all time_total).

Scott K