per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] Serving mdq queries with Apache

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] Serving mdq queries with Apache

  • From: Tom Mitchell <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>
  • Cc: Tom Mitchell <>,
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] Serving mdq queries with Apache
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:11:24 -0400

On Jul 28, 2016, at 3:18 PM, Tom Scavo <> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Tom Mitchell <> wrote:

The first URL is from the spec, and serves up some text. The other two will
serve up the real data grabbed from the MDQ beta server. I think they
represent the two main kinds of entity IDs in InCommon and eduGAIN. Let me
know if I should try others.

This is good progress, Tom, but you've saved the most difficult parts
to last :-)

Click this link in your browser:
http://mdq-beta.incommon.org/global/entities/urn%3Amace%3Aincommon%3Aosu.edu

Note that there are two IDs that return the same metadata:

urn:mace:incommon:osu.edu
{sha1}d4d1ca999a5a9352fa618075eac456eb67956c74

The MDQ server needs to support both.

Great, thanks. I had only read the base protocol, not the SAML profile.

The following works via apache:

Is that the correct URL syntax?

Also note that I’ve switched to example.com here. I don’t know who myserver.org is and I’m embarrassed to have put it in my previous email without thinking. These are fake URLs because I don’t want my server name in the mailing list logs as I said previously.

As a small thing, the content-type is wrong. It should be

not

I think that’s fairly trivially resolved with a DefaultType or ForceType directive. I’ll experiment.