per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:53:10 -0700

Yeah, having now seen your comment that AD FS requires TLS, I'm fine with using it.  I just wouldn't advertise it as a way to verify the metadata.

David

On 07/28/2016 10:45 AM, Tom Scavo wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:29 PM, David Walker  wrote:
+1  We already provide a method to verify the information that deployments
may or may not check.  I don't see much value in another method, just to add
some deployments that perform a (probably weaker) check.
Then we can delete the rows for AD FS in the MDQ client table since
that absolutely rules out AD FS as an MDQ client of any sort.