per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Tom Mitchell <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:42:05 -0400

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Tom Mitchell

I don't disagree with that. The metadata server at md.incommon.org
does not provide TLS protection. Ops made a one-sided decision not to
deploy TLS despite contrary recommendations from TAC.

But you need to understand the consequences of your position. AD FS
*requires* TLS. It will not consume SAML metadata at an endpoint
location that begins with http:// so we have to choose path and suffer
the consequences.