metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question

  • From: Nick Roy <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Anthony Atkinson <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:49:58 +0000

Hi Oscar,

The non-deprecated page is at: https://www.incommon.org/federation/attributes.html. The content there is a bit general.

These should get you started:

eduPerson object class:
- eduPersonPrincipalName (this value should be scoped to 'iit.edu' - see Shibboleth IdP documentation on how to configure scoped attributes. The values of eduPersonPrincipalName should be unique to a single person at a time, and preferrably not reassigned.)
- eduPersonAffiliation
- eduPersonScopedAffiliation

inetOrgPerson object class:
- mail
- displayName
- givenName
- sn

Some service providers will want different attributes - usually depending on the terms of a contract you might have with them. For example, some student systems will want student ID number.

Best Regards,

Nick Roy
Director of Technology and Strategy
InCommon / Internet2 Trust and Identity Services