metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question
Subject: InCommon metadata support
- From: Nick Roy <>
- To: "" <>
- Cc: Anthony Atkinson <>
- Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:49:58 +0000
The non-deprecated page is at: https://www.incommon.org/federation/attributes.html. The content there is a bit general.
These should get you started:
eduPerson object class:
- eduPersonPrincipalName (this value should be scoped to 'iit.edu' - see Shibboleth IdP documentation on how to configure scoped attributes. The values of eduPersonPrincipalName should be unique to a single person at a time, and preferrably not reassigned.)
inetOrgPerson object class:
Some service providers will want different attributes - usually depending on the terms of a contract you might have with them. For example, some student systems will want student ID number.
Director of Technology and Strategy
InCommon / Internet2 Trust and Identity Services
On 19 Apr 2019, at 12:53, Oscar Ruiz wrote:
Hello,Our institution is in the process of registering as an InCommon participant. I was wondering if there is a page on your wiki that goes over which attributes need to be configured for release from the IdP. I’ve gone over most of the pages on this section https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/InCFederation/Federation+Technical+Guide#FederationTechnicalGuide-StartingwithInCommon and the page that talks about Identity Attributes Overview (https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/InCFederation/Supported+Attribute+Summary), it looks like the information there is deprecated. Is there an up-to-date/recent page that we should be looking at for reference?Thanks for your help,Oscar
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question, Oscar Ruiz, 04/16/2019
- Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question, Nick Roy, 04/16/2019
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question, Oscar Ruiz, 04/19/2019
- Re: [Metadata-Support] IdP Registration Question, Nick Roy, 04/19/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.