metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] UK Federation and InCommon

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] UK Federation and InCommon

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] UK Federation and InCommon
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:35:19 +0000

On 25 Feb 2016, at 18:46, Mike Flynn <> wrote:

So are you saying I can drop the UK fed metadata loading on my SP as I will pick up all the UK Fed's IDPs via the new InCommon metadata that has eduGAIN in it?

You'd pick up *most* of them today. As I said in my mail, there are still some (~100) IdPs the UKf is not exporting because they are SAML 1 only; if some of them are your customers, you'll need to continue loading the UKf aggregate for now. I expect most of those to be converted to SAML 2 operation (and therefore exported by default to eduGAIN and imported by InCommon) within the next month or so.

[If you're concerned about the unusual level of optimism expressed there, I note that these IdPs are part of a single service, and we've converted more than 100 over since the start of the year.]

    -- Ian