metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] significant slowdown in XML Signature validation

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] significant slowdown in XML Signature validation

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] significant slowdown in XML Signature validation
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:42:55 +0000

> On 16 Feb 2016, at 21:53, Tom Scavo
> <>
> wrote:
>
> Essentially we elevated namespace
> declarations to parent elements wherever possible. In some cases,
> those declarations were elevated all the way up to the root element.
> This saved a lot of space but perhaps it is contributing to the
> behavior Jeffrey is seeing, I don't know.

I don't see any reason why that optimisation would make signature
verification take longer (if anything, I'd guess the opposite), but as Scott
implies that is a rather large chunk of code we don't have a lot of insight
into.

If you want a test, mdq-beta would be one place to do it but the other option
would be to just comment that line out of the import tooling and run it
again, then sign both outputs.

-- Ian