metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>, "Alvarez, Dyana I" <>
  • Cc: Tom Scavo <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:25:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/17/14, 11:15 AM, "Tom Scavo"

>That's a very good question. Can someone else with more Windows
>experience than me respond?

You have to extrapolate. You can get tools like this on Windows, you can
perform the steps on a Linux or Mac computer, etc. It's not relevant which
machine you use to perform a fingerprint check, unless you have no way to
move or compare the files between machines, which seems hard to imagine.

>If you're running Shibboleth on Windows, both curl and openssl are
>included in the distro, I believe, but I don't know if they can be
>used as command-line tools.

They are command line tools by definition, but only the SP includes those
programs, not the IdP. I'm sure there are dozens of programs for Windows
and other OS' that do similar functions.

-- Scott