metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Alvarez, Dyana I" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 21:02:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/14/14, 4:46 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>> How do we know our version is a supported Shibboleth idP software?
>
>Well, that's a question for the Shibboleth Project but I would be very
>surprised if IdP 2.3.8 were no longer being supported by the Project.

I assumed that question was misworded and the actual question was about
SHA-2 versions.

Strictly literally, as an official policy, no, nothing in a major release
line prior to the latest version is supported. Because we issue backward
compatible updates, we don't support anything but the latest.

All that means is that we're not going to issue security fixes to 2.3.x,
and if something does happen (and in fact already has), you have to go to
2.4.x. And sometimes it means we won't research difficult bugs unless they
are still present on a supported version.

-- Scott