metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "Alvarez, Dyana I" <>
  • Cc: Tom Scavo <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Questions about InCommon Metadata migration process
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:15:00 -0400

Hi Dyana,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Alvarez, Dyana I

> I have some questions on the step to " Securely download and install a copy
> of the new metadata signing certificate".
> We looked at the Wiki https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/moHFAg and were able
> to download the copy and put in our certificates location
> (\credentials\incommon.pem).
> However step 2, we are not so sure because it's for Linux. Do you have
> instructions for Windows?
> We are running Windows Server 2003 SP 2 Standard Edition.
> What do you recommend?

That's a very good question. Can someone else with more Windows
experience than me respond?

If you're running Shibboleth on Windows, both curl and openssl are
included in the distro, I believe, but I don't know if they can be
used as command-line tools.