metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "Nickles, Brent" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:00:30 -0500

Hi Brent,

Copying metadata-support. Please subscribe to the mailing list for
further discussion:

https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/info/metadata-support

Comments inline.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Nickles, Brent
> ... I just want to make sure I'm understanding from an IdP perspective,
> this is the only change I need.
>
> From This
> <!-- inCommon metadata -->
> <!--
> <metadata:MetadataProvider id="inCommon"
> xsi:type="metadata:FileBackedHTTPMetadataProvider"
>
> metadataURL="http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml";
> backingFile="/opt/shibboleth-idp/metadata/incommon.xml" />
> -->
> To This:
> <!-- New inCommon (preview) metadata -->
> <metadata:MetadataProvider id="previewinCommon"
> xsi:type="metadata:FileBackedHTTPMetadataProvider"
>
> metadataURL="http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata-preview.xml";
> backingFile="/opt/shibboleth-idp/metadata/preview-incommon.xml" />

This looks like Shibboleth so the first thing you should do is review
the following wiki page: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/XAQjAQ

Some additional comments:

1) There's no need to modify the backingFile, you can leave that as-is.

2) Configure the preview aggregate for test and dev deployments only.
Use the production aggregate for production deployments.

3) Since this is Shibboleth, you don't have to configure a new signing
certificate but we recommend you do this at the same time. See the
above wiki page for instructions.