metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Zico <>
  • Cc: Tom Scavo <>,
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] new metadata aggregates [ACTION REQUIRED]
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:23:34 -0500

[Zico, I'm copying metadata-support on my reply, please join the
mailing list for further discussion]

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Zico

> Just to make big things short: I am planning to create a new Trust
> Relationship with this ( ** ) in their IDP.
> Do I need to take care of anything else?
>
> ( ** ) http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml

I assume you're using Shibboleth, in which case you should refer to
this documentation in the wiki: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/XAQjAQ

Note the instructions about updating the TrustEngine configuration.
While it's not strictly required to update the metadata signing
certificate in the case of Shibboleth, we recommend that you do this
at the same time you point to the new metadata aggregate.

> I am asking you because, I didn't understand much about
> "metadata-fallback.xml" and "metadata-preview.xml" part. :-)

Have you seen this documentation? https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/SoG8Ag

If you still have questions about "metadata-fallback.xml" and
"metadata-preview.xml" after reading the docs, let me know.

Hope this helps,