md-distro - Re: [md-distro] Last actions

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] Last actions

  • From: "Joe St Sauver" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] Last actions
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:47:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Tom commented:

#I know very little about this stuff so I've recommended we farm out
#the HSM landscape study to a trusted 3rd party, that is, hire an
#expert to advise us how to proceed. For example, when I was at NCSA,
#the Cybersecurity Division surveyed the HSM market and recommended a
#solution to TeraGrid, which was in the process of deploying a
#production MyProxy CA instance.

At least if you adopt the CAB Forum recommendations, it's a little
surprising just how few HSM options are available in the marketplace
at the required security levels.

Highly specialized products with high paranoia levels and correspondingly
high market prices.

Regards,

Joe