md-distro - [md-distro] Last actions

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

[md-distro] Last actions

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [md-distro] Last actions
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:08:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We had a good penultimate call today, discussing final clarifications to our
recommendations. Consensus on our timeline was:

By Friday: get all final edits done.
Monday-Thursday: Final review period and email discussion
Next Thursday: Meet and approve the final report to TAC. This will give TAC a
full week to review prior to its next meeting.

Here is the list of edits that we discussed today:

-----------------
INTRODUCTION

Sub-bullet 2.a about samlbits. We will convert 2.a. to 5 and add a
corresponding brief recommendation section to this, working with IJ to
confirm.

RE: The "Not discussed" subsection:
We will re-write to better express that there are Phase 2 items that we will
not be making recommendations on.

------------------
MULTIPLE AGG section

2nd bullet. Re-word "Sync'ed" to... using the same profile or somehow
recognizing that this isn't for all time. We will have both.

------------------
PER ENTITY MD section

Ian will double check two links to make sure pointing at right places.

KEY MGT PRACTICES section

Change Audit to Review

AI Add a new number 3: Future reviews would also cover our other keys: this
review only covers MD signing.

HSM section

AI Remove the "an HSM for" in each numbered item.

Echoing a round of thanks to Tom for being the primary editor.

john.