md-distro - Re: [md-distro] vhost md.incommon.org

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] vhost md.incommon.org

  • From: "Joe St Sauver" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] vhost md.incommon.org
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 05:26:56 -0800 (PST)

Tom asked:

#My question is: Do we need to support TLS on md.incommon.org?
#
# http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml
# https://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml
#
#We're tempted not to support the latter at all. Thoughts?

Given the late start and time lost to intros and such from my
nominal hour slot yesterday, we didn't have time to get through
all the stuff I'd hoped to cover at the Merit networking summit,
but one of the things everyone should have on their mental
roadmap is the fact that the next version of http looks like it
will require SSL/TLS by default. See

http://pages.uoregon.edu/joe/merit-networking/merit-networking.pdf

at slide 109. My recommendation would be to plan for https
accordingly.

Regards,

Joe