md-distro - [md-distro] two minor issues

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

[md-distro] two minor issues

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [md-distro] two minor issues
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:09:48 -0500

We have a couple of questions regarding minor issues we've encountered
while rolling out the three new metadata aggregates:

1) The plan calls for the preview aggregate to be *identical* to the
production aggregate but the technique we're using causes the ID
attributes to be different. We don't think that's a big deal but I
wanted to ask and make sure.

2) What should be the content type of the metadata response?
Historically, we've responded with text/xml but we're guessing
application/samlmetadata+xml is preferred. The two content types have
different user experiences so we want to get this right out of the
box. What content type should we use?