idpaas - Re: Feedback requested: IdPaaS survey

Subject: IdP as a Service Working Group

Re: Feedback requested: IdPaaS survey

  • From: Michael A Grady <>
  • To: Todd Blakemore <>
  • Cc: Mary McKee <>, Margaret Cullen <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Feedback requested: IdPaaS survey
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:50:23 -0500

On Jul 16, 2019, at 3:41 PM, Todd Blakemore <> wrote:

Yes/No
if yes, then have the options for
  • I would want an IdPasS product to support MFA/2FA natively
Todd, why do you think they might care whether the cloud service supported it "natively" or not? If you are contracting for a cloud service, don't you just care that it is supported somehow, whether an extension has been added to support it or not? Or are you using "natively" in a different way than I'm interpreting.

The general question of whether the product has been customized in some way that is not "open source", thus potentially complicating migrating to a different service, would seem to make sense, but that is broader than just MFA.

--
Michael A. Grady
IAM Architect, Unicon, Inc.