assurance - RE: [Assurance] comments on draft MFA Interop WG documents

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] comments on draft MFA Interop WG documents

  • From: "Jokl, James A. (Jim) (jaj)" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] comments on draft MFA Interop WG documents
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 14:00:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

+1

I made it to many of the calls and always had the self-asserted picture in my
mind as the basic perspective -- that this was about passwords no longer
being adequate and what is the new baseline authentication. I still think of
this stuff as "Standard Assurance" - good for whatever applications you used
to just use and ID/Password for - but I get Scott's point too about the name.

Note that this work took a nice low bar on the technical side - almost
anything that you can call a second factor is acceptable -- and there is no
discussion about identity proofing. All good for self-asserted, perhaps
less so if people were thinking differently.

Jim