assurance - Re: [Assurance] can two-factor be hacked ?

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] can two-factor be hacked ?

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] can two-factor be hacked ?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:06:43 -0700

Perhaps beating a dead horse...

I was just reading the FIDO Alliance's U2F overview
(https://fidoalliance.org/specs/fido-u2f-overview-v1.0-rd-20140209.pdf),
and I think they have a solution to this issue. They use public key
cryptography, though not PKI, for mutual authentication of the service
and the token, which (I think) should defeat this kind of
man-in-the-middle vulnerability.

David