workday - Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday

Subject: Discussion of use cases and implementation experience integrating with Workday

Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:28:05 -0500

There are some notes from long ago discussions with WD found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c8GbnISNO1VEKb0cEpkeq5qbHMZWrs55x4VMFvmVuJI/edit#

Those notes mention:

Access Restrictions feature (in product as of W21 -
https://community.workday.com/doc/itadmin/ala1377540590379), it's
configurable by security group and network location (e.g. source IP)
and applies to all Workday applications (not just Financials or HR).
In other words, you could configure your tenant to grant specific
groups of users a different set of access depending on what network
they are signing in from.

the GUI for Access Restrictions may already provide the "administrative interface" mentioned in your #1 below.

I think we'll get further if we can build on their existing functionality.