workday - Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday

Subject: Discussion of use cases and implementation experience integrating with Workday

Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [InC-Workday] Question about 2FA and Workday
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:47:03 -0500

+1 from Brown.

On 11/12/15 10:37 AM, David Langenberg wrote:
We also would want Use SAML with different Authn Context. What we
definitely do not want is the first option. We already have a MFA
solution that we're quite fond of and would not want to have multiple
MFA solutions that are vendor-specific.

Dave

On Nov 12, 2015, at 8:31 AM, Gary Chapman
<
<mailto:>>
wrote:

We'd want:

* Use SAML (using a different authentication context from your
SAML-based first-factor authentication) to perform the 2FA at your IdP

Perhaps we'd desire step-up for specific tasks but also for specific
people/roles...

- Gary

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Belcher, C W
<

<mailto:>>
wrote:

Hi folks,

FYI UT Austin had a discussion with Workday yesterday about
possible enhancements to authentication policies to allow specific
tasks to be identified as “sensitive” that would require
two-factor authentication. This would allow the enforcement of
“step-up” authentication when specific tasks are being performed.

My question for the group is: If you were to use this
functionality, how would you prefer the two-factor authentication
be accomplished?

* Use OTP functionality in Workday (delivered via SMS or email,
or perhaps using a TOTP app/token)
* Use SAML (using a different authentication context from your
SAML-based first-factor authentication) to perform the 2FA at
your IdP
* Use another process?

Thanks, CW

*——*
*
*
*C.W. BELCHER*, Associate Director ____
Identity & Access Management | Information Technology Services ____
The University of Texas at Austin| 512-232-6519
<tel:512-232-6519> | FAC 326R

--
David Langenberg
Identity & Access Management Architect