us-federations - Fwd: Volunteers needed to test the Shibboleth 2 IdP installer for Active Directory.

Subject: US Federations Discussion

Fwd: Volunteers needed to test the Shibboleth 2 IdP installer for Active Directory.

  • From:
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Rod Widdowson <>
  • Subject: Fwd: Volunteers needed to test the Shibboleth 2 IdP installer for Active Directory.
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:48:13 -0400

On the last couple of calls, some sites that use a Windows infrastructure mentioned that they were looking for an easier way to install the Shibboleth IdP software into their AD environment. I'm forwarding a recent announcement that may be of interest. Rod is a member of the Shibboleth core team. He developed a previous version of this QuickStart, based on Shibboleth v1.3. That package was quite popular and very successful. This announcement describes an updating of that effort, to use the current Shibboleth release.

If you're interested in trying this package, contact Rod, and he'll pass along the instructions.

And -- just to be absolutely clear -- at this point, please do NOT install this package on a production server.