trust-identity-reg - [trust-identity-reg] TechEx Track Highlights - InCommon (Trust and Identity)

Subject: Trust and Identity Meeting Registrants

[trust-identity-reg] TechEx Track Highlights - InCommon (Trust and Identity)

  • From: Dean Woodbeck <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [trust-identity-reg] TechEx Track Highlights - InCommon (Trust and Identity)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 00:53:20 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=M8jvQnW/2RzzhEvPqC0bz6UtwVJCx4pPOWYzpb/Pe1Q=; b=KrkJCPIvN1GX++Vqut7UyJpO82MlIl566IZOhbnkRdyR1txP15+SLsFWFBvcP7cOhCsL4e4HO/VxxWo0Fg1zU9GTBznkqBaBIPhcl7voArNdtmhFW67Los/cDb3WW6PD5j7jDzQQ+ae5w5D7wm4UjGt8RBrsIo4e5w1t/fABJGktbqsFCgcpdjfHS9hJ/X+r1WBF9MIqDVXmxB9B+tBEmDnA30UctwKkVBQFuK8qgliiGbKxGNolma2BkERO43bt6e1+wzb+6RV7q6xkcd78QWItfxg3CujHoUDggBZkEaWK/cd1A1wRhn8KFhArXtanwdfchbFIlhj6sjMvqszWLQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=bCeZS4fdDFuAkg3pnyyLrPaZsHlc/MemMzub/ryS7CuJ3ZMqh7YDvAjoTV3bXJ9JZkXENNnSaLWcNakeXYCMBJOg5kjLNPsQkgHFz0Efk/hSD4nSsMse9Mn14IhYD0oZ+yAPpIKLMqHcTU0Zw01ZvdT970sZKLHQF2P+2XT7UKsQ0A9LKXjA6vtp3eVvA0rkiW7siU5apooaO+I8jdnBHspAamTrf0cjTYY4B01z1de/fEL7twdcBQvRCVrhY21DAnmkr3trpZRGClGRp2OMSpnYqdASIqxP3I6I34LdiCh7RcMZMtlmZIc3Tgbat2M2b3UH/iXeJCwqWvRc1bbHSw==

TechEx is nearly upon us! Here are some of the highlights of the InCommon track (formerly known as Trust and Identity).

First off: Do you have something on your mind? Do you have a project, solution, or something else that you’d like to share with the community? We have a few lightning talk slots available (Wednesday at 11:20 am). These are short – just 5-6 minutes – and the use of slides is completely optional (in fact, the fewer the better). Email if you have something to share.

Monday features the all-day meeting of REFEDS, an organization of international federation operators. It’s an opportunity to learn about the issues being discussed at research and education federations around the world.

Tuesday and Wednesday – This is CAMP (Campus Architecture and Middleware Planning), a cool acronym that really means two days of track sessions on all things Identity Management. There are case studies, panel discussions of hot topics, and four longer (two-hour) sessions that dig deep into IdM issues. It all kicks off Tuesday morning at 8 am with "Twenty Years Of Camping: Flying Pigs and Dead Guppies,” a look at where we've come from, some things that have worked and some that haven't, and some thoughts on the future. Then we split into two tracks for the rest of Tuesday and all of Wednesday.

By the way, the four two-hour sessions (two each day) include:

 - Provisioning and Access Management: Case Studies with Grouper and COmanage

 - Proxies and Portals

 - Security, Compliance, and Its Impact on You

 - Federations: We Got Issues!

And to make sure you aren't at all bored, during breaks and lunches you can visit our demo room to see the InCommon Trusted Access Platform software in action.

On Thursday and Friday, we turn to the unconference Advance CAMP, where you help set the agenda in real time. This is where you can propose an idea for discussion by the global community.

Safe travels and we look forward to seeing everyone in New Orleans.

----

Dean Woodbeck

Director of Community Awareness

InCommon

  • [trust-identity-reg] TechEx Track Highlights - InCommon (Trust and Identity), Dean Woodbeck, 12/06/2019