technical-discuss - Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements

Subject: InCommon Technical Discussions

Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: David Shafer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 06:44:31 -0600
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

Bringing up this old thread on baseline expectations and logo sizes...

I think David is onto something and I had not appreciated it until this past week.

If we make the requirement that the logo is square and, say, 400 by 400 pixels (a discovery service can easily scale it down when displayed) then we can tell people (campus IdP operators in general) that the official logo already being used with the official institution Twitter account is a good choice. It probably has the benefit of already being approved for some use at least by someone official at the organization.

If you just browse to Twitter, search for the organization's page, and then right-click on the image and open it up in a new tab or window, you will find a nice logo. For example for Indiana University

Or Brown University:

Or the University of Iowa:

My new strategy when we have to replace a logo in metadata with our own version is to just use the one from Twitter.

I like the idea of making the requirement easy to fulfill by pointing people at an existing service that is using their logo and telling them they can just use the same thing.

Thanks,

Scott K