per-entity - RE: [Per-Entity] Cloud-based SP Metadata Consumption Challenges (Two-Ways)

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

RE: [Per-Entity] Cloud-based SP Metadata Consumption Challenges (Two-Ways)

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: Tom Scavo <>, Nick Roy <>
  • Cc: Scott Koranda <>, "Domingues, Michael D" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Per-Entity] Cloud-based SP Metadata Consumption Challenges (Two-Ways)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:10:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> I'm guessing AD FS does not support the MDQ protocol per se but it
> will let you configure a URL to a single entity descriptor. The
> security model is probably TLS but I don't know if AD FS supports
> explicit anchors. I'll go way out on a limb and guess that Ping is
> similar.

The other half of this is probably some additions to the implementation
profile to clarify what "supports MDQ" really means. I don't know if we were
clear that preconfiguring URLs for every entity by hand didn't really
suffice. Which is to say, ADFS doesn't really support it in the sense that it
would matter.

We had other priorities getting things documented, but we need some energy to
drive some improvements to it at Kantara to nail some things down.

-- Scott