oidc-survey - [OIDC-Survey] Re: Summary of OIDC/OAuth Survey WG for Steering

Subject: OIDC Survey Working Group

[OIDC-Survey] Re: Summary of OIDC/OAuth Survey WG for Steering

  • From: Mark Scheible <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: David Walker <>, Albert Wu <>, Eric Goodman <>, Ann West <>, Steven Carmody <>
  • Subject: [OIDC-Survey] Re: Summary of OIDC/OAuth Survey WG for Steering
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:13:03 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

OIDC/OAuth Survey Working Group and TAC members,

The following text has been proposed to add to the OIDC/OAuth Survey WG Report - Summary for Steering document.  It stems from a discussion thread after the final report was accepted by TAC that the effort to develop standards and guidelines for OIDC/OAuth should apply to both the work TIER might address, as well as within the OIDC Federation effort.  In the Final Report recommendations, developing standards was listed under both areas but the detailed description was only specified under the TIER effort.

This paragraph is an attempt to clarify the work that needs to be done in the recommendations to Steering on the use of OIDC/OAuth.

Proposed Modification to the Working Group’s Recommendations

The OIDC/OAuth Survey Working Group recommended efforts for both InCommon and TIER to work with community members and appropriate OIDC/OAuth efforts internationally, to develop guidelines and standards for the use of OIDC/OAuth.  The TAC recommends that there be a single effort for all OIDC/OAuth standards development within Trust and Identity to accomplish these tasks. We also recommend that the working group that is designated to accomplish these tasks should be formed under the federation side of Trust and Identity, due to the crucial importance of interoperability within the federation.

Please review this text either here or in the Summary document (it's also highlighted there) and if there are any concerns about the recommendation(s), please reply to this thread. "No Reply" indicates you are comfortable with the inclusion of this paragraph in the summary. Also feel free to comment in the report if you feel that would be more direct.

Thank you all.
Mark

Mark A. Scheible
Sr. Lead IAM Solutions Architect