mfa-interop - Re: [MFA-Interop] Changes based on conversation on today's call

Subject: MFA Interop Working Group

Re: [MFA-Interop] Changes based on conversation on today's call

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Nick Roy <>, Fredrik Åslund <>, Eric Goodman <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [MFA-Interop] Changes based on conversation on today's call
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:13:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yes, it's a good point, however, we're not here in this profile to achieve a perfectly secure solution (or even anywhere near one).  We're here to achieve a profile that minimizes impact of a specific attack -- phished credentials.  User's phone with stored first factor and also serving as second factor is not in scope.  Later work, sure, let's tackle that scenario.

Dave

--
David Langenberg
Identity & Access Management Architect