metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] SP Requesting DCV for On Prem Software

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] SP Requesting DCV for On Prem Software

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] SP Requesting DCV for On Prem Software
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:16:14 +0000

On 3/26/19, 8:02 AM, " on behalf of
Garmer, Jack - garmercj" < on behalf of
> wrote:
>
> So to clarify before passing this off to my manager, signing a DCV provided
> by the vendor is not the same as giving them
> rights to our domain (i.e, DCV != Power of Attorney), correct?

Maybe I don't know what it is you're doing, because the fact that you'd ask
that seems suspicious. What I'm talking about is InCommon asking you to place
a TXT record on your DNS to serve as an approval that a given domain is
authorized for use by another InCommon member asking to do so. If that's not
what you're talking about, then I don't know what it is you're being asked to
do.

-- Scott