metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] ERROR - checkScopes/upperCase: scope 'UGent.be' includes upper-case characters

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] ERROR - checkScopes/upperCase: scope 'UGent.be' includes upper-case characters

  • From: Albert Wu <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, Stijn De Weirdt <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "Fleury, Terry" <>, "" <>, "" <>, David Shafer <>, Nick Roy <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] ERROR - checkScopes/upperCase: scope 'UGent.be' includes upper-case characters
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:10:34 +0000

Hi Scott and Stijin,

I just briefed Nick Roy regarding this case. He is taking this to the Ops Advisory Group to determine a course of action.

To the best of my understanding, InCommon filters upper case lettering in the scope to guard against potential identity mismatch in SP’s due to inconsistent handling of case sensitivities in identifiers.

Thank you for your patience. I will follow up as soon as the Ops Advisory Group produces a recommendation.

albert