metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: MDQ status?

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: MDQ status?

  • From: Tom Poage <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: MDQ status?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 19:13:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Any update on the production MDQ service? I'm starting to run across vendor implementations that want a URL to fetch metadata and, in many cases, can't/won't support the size of aggregates. Of course, offering these vendors our IdP metadata endpoint is the last solution on the list to be offered.

Speaking of vendors, it's difficult to know for sure if they've validated the signature on downloaded metadata (even when asked). Odd thought, what if instead of (or in addition to) metadata signature, metadata is encrypted by e.g. the MDQ private key? Then vendors etc. would be forced to successfully decrypt what they download to make it useful (a form of validation). No, it doesn't give the truly lazy an out, like now, but seems a significant step toward ensuring that downstream consumers have gone through some kind of check on what they've fetched.

Thanks.

Tom.