metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Metadata url for a single entity?

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Metadata url for a single entity?

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Metadata url for a single entity?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:07:06 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:vdcQ6BF8CGehK2gwNFL8S51GYnF86YWxBRYc798ds5kLTJ75p8+wAkXT6L1XgUPTWs2DsrQf1LqQ7vurADFIyK3CmU5BWaQEbwUCh8QSkl5oK+++Imq/EsTXaTcnFt9JTl5v8iLzG0FUHMHjew+a+SXqvnZBUin4YEBwK/j8FofOhoGsyviq/IfPSwROjz24ZLR0ahKsok+Z4swbnYJuI7o4jwDUumNPYfh+xGVjIleWmBC64d2/qs1N6SNV7s4m8oZ7WqzkeOxsUaZDBz04NEg04tHmrx/OUVHJ63cBBDZF2iFUChTIuUmpFqz6tTH347Jw

[Vern, please subscribe to the mailing list:
https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/info/metadata-support]

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Huber, Vern

> Question - I’m working with an SP and have given them the InCommon metadata
> URL - http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata-fallback.xml , but
> they’re having timeout issues accessing it.

Is the SP in question Shibboleth? If so, there is a workaround to the
timeout issue documented on the Shib config page:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/XAQjAQ

> They were curious if there’s a metadata URL that contains just UIS’ metadata
> – is there?

Not at this time but we are actively working on it. Come to the TAC
update on Wed to hear more about the Per-Entity Metadata WG. I will
followup with details shortly.

> I’ve noted it would be better for them to get all of the
> entities (the whole set), but they’re reluctant to do so.

That really is their only option at this time.

Hope this helps,