metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] How to Protect Against Failed Metadata Processes [ACTION REQUIRED]

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] How to Protect Against Failed Metadata Processes [ACTION REQUIRED]

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Re: [InCommon NOTICE] How to Protect Against Failed Metadata Processes [ACTION REQUIRED]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:45:01 -0400

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM, David Gersic

> A suggestion for this page: how to detect fail(ing) metadata updates. A
> simple paragraph on what to look for, how would I know if I'm affected by
> this, that kind of thing. I think it's as simple as checking to see that
> the file is updated and that the expiration date in the file is changing
> appropriately.

Everyone needs to implement the workaround to the logging issue. If
you do, and a memory issue does occur, it will be logged. If you
don't, a memory issue will be masked by the logging issue, and you
will be unaware that anything has gone wrong.

I need to make this more clear on the wiki page but I'm not sure what
else to say. If you don't implement the workaround, you are running
blind.