md-distro - Re: [md-distro] announcing the Phase 1 Implementation Plan

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] announcing the Phase 1 Implementation Plan

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] announcing the Phase 1 Implementation Plan
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:26:53 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 12/2/13, 9:12 AM, "Tom Scavo"

>As you've probably heard by now, Ops will roll out three new metadata
>aggregates on Dec 18th. Unless somebody tells me not to, I will be
>announcing this date to site admins later this week. That will give
>folks a chance to read the docs and ask questions.

Apologies if I misunderstood something, but is the plan to immediately
change the certificate used to sign the "legacy" aggregate on wayf?

I had the impression the plan wasn't to change that, but the text on the
new page describing the aggregates says that the legacy aggregate is
identical to the fallback aggregate, and that aggregate is to be signed
with the new cert.

Basically, does the new cert hit consumers before March if they don't
manually change the URL, or only once the redirect is installed?

-- Scott