md-distro - Re: [md-distro] clarifying the requirements surrounding multiple aggregates

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] clarifying the requirements surrounding multiple aggregates

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] clarifying the requirements surrounding multiple aggregates
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:37:30 +0000

On 7 Nov 2013, at 19:17, Tom Scavo

>> I wondered if you had given any thought to moving the error handling
>> service to its own vhost rather than bundling it in with the discovery
>> service.
>
> Well, the thought was that the characteristics of the EHS are exactly
> the same as those of the DS, so bundling them together seemed to make
> sense. Put another way, we couldn't think of a good reason to justify
> that they be separate vhosts.
>
> All that said, I'm open to any further comments you might have.

My own bias would probably be to separate whatever can be logically
separated, given that vhosts aren't expensive. But either approach is
reasonable, I just wanted to make sure that it was a considered choice.

> Btw, you may edit any wiki document at any time. If you don't have
> access, then that's a bug. Let me know and I'll ask to have it fixed.

The document looked close enough to final that I felt leaving change control
with you made sense. I'm not normally shy about these things when they are at
an earlier stage ;-)

-- Ian