md-distro - Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 09:40:17 -0400

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Ian Young

> On 10 Aug 2013, at 14:25, Tom Scavo
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> This is yet another example of what will happen when we
>> start aggregating entity descriptors from multiple federations.
>
> The rule of thumb would be that you would want to discard any KeyName
> elements from imported metadata anyway.

Yes, something like that. This came up recently at an Ops meeting (in
a different context). We talked about converting a raw XML entity
descriptor to data that would fit in our HTML form (which is how the
Federation Manager works today) and vice versa. In our case, it might
be better to focus on what we *do* want instead of what we *don't*
want.