md-distro - Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] certs in metadata signed by the InC CA
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:43:05 +0100

On 5 Aug 2013, at 17:53, Tom Scavo

> How many certs signed by the InC CA are expired? ALL of them.
>
> Note that most of the unique expired certs in metadata are signed by the
> InC CA.

As a matter of interest, do you happen to know offhand whether any or all of
these are accompanied by a KeyName, or are they all just bare certificate
data?

I ask because we've found less legacy PKI-related problems occur if there is
no KeyName. In Shibboleth's case, that's because the trust engines don't
fall back to PKIX unless there is a KeyName, but we've seen related behaviour
with other software.

-- Ian