interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Updated shibboleth.net use case

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Updated shibboleth.net use case

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Updated shibboleth.net use case
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 01:45:21 -0500

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Cantor, Scott
> Sorry I didn't get to this before, I fleshed out some information on the
> use cases page about the shibboleth.net interfed experience. More of a
> brain dump but hopefully it's something.
>
> -- Scott

You wrote "We also prevent, where possible, the updating of name and
email fields in our applications by IdPs known to provide
self-asserted values in those attributes".

Do you have a more reliable source of name and email than the IdPs? Is
the more reliable source self-asserted values?

Thanks,

Scott K for LIGO