interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] May agendas / Apr 30 notes

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] May agendas / Apr 30 notes

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] May agendas / Apr 30 notes
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:53:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 4/30/13 4:47 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Basney, Jim
><>
> wrote:
>>
>> Need to separately discuss SP and IdP.
>> Could use R&S category on IdP side in short term.
>> Tackle IdP discoverability in long-term.
>
>Scott, would it be possible for you to expand on this a little bit?

I was saying that the issues around opt-in/out are vastly different for
IdPs and SPs (e.g. I see no support issues around exposing non-federated
SPs to new IdPs that won't care and won't be offered to users anyway).

I was saying that short run the set of IdPs prepared to deal with the
fallout from interfed probably matches the R&S tag pretty well so that's a
reasonable way to do opt-in without deploying anything else.

And I was saying that longer term the way to deal with IdPs that want to
be left alone is to have them opt-out of discovery and be tagged for that.

We can name the tag http://incommon.org/gretagarbo

-- Scott