interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] pilot aggregate, current list of processing applied to IC metadata

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] pilot aggregate, current list of processing applied to IC metadata

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] pilot aggregate, current list of processing applied to IC metadata
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:19:21 +0000

On 26 Feb 2013, at 16:11, Steven Carmody

> <ref bean="standardImportActions"/> -- Standard actions performed on any
> metadata import channel. Assumes that the collection has been acquired,
> had its signature validated, and disassembled into individual entities.

This unpacks a fair bit, and includes significant checking. I've attached a
couple of the more important parts of the breakdown below to give an idea of
scope.

The errorAnnouncingFilter bean is defined to whine gently and then remove an
offending entity from the collection, while letting everything else through.

-- Ian

<!--
standardImportActions

Standard actions performed on any metadata import channel. Assumes
that the
collection has been acquired, had its signature validated, and
disassembled into
individual entities.
-->
<bean id="standardImportActions" parent="composite_parent"
p:id="standardImportActions">
<property name="composedStages">
<list>
<ref bean="populateItemIds"/>

<!--
The following three namespaces are always stripped
because they are
specific to the UK registrar and can't be valid when
imported from
some other source.
-->
<ref bean="stripElabNamespace"/>
<ref bean="stripUkfedlabelNamespace"/>
<ref bean="stripWayfNamespace"/>

<ref bean="cleanImport"/>
<ref bean="removeEmptyExtensions"/>
<ref bean="checkSchemas"/>
<ref bean="CHECK_imported"/>
<ref bean="errorAnnouncingFilter"/>
</list>
</property>
</bean>

<!--
CHECK_imported
-->
<bean id="CHECK_imported" parent="composite_parent"
p:id="CHECK_imported">
<property name="composedStages">
<list>
<ref bean="CHECK_std"/>
<ref bean="check_future"/>
<ref bean="check_regscope"/>
</list>
</property>
</bean>

<!--
CHECK_std
-->
<bean id="CHECK_std" parent="composite_parent"
p:id="CHECK_std">
<property name="composedStages">
<list>
<ref bean="check_adfs"/>